Bob Salmans completes the GIAC-GPEN to become a Certified Penetration Tester.
Bob performs network and system assessments to find security vulnerabilities. His GPEN certification verifies his ability to execute penetration testing using ethical hacking methodologies and best practice technical and non-technical techniques.
Bob Salmans has an Associate’s Degree in Computer Engineering. He has spent many years committed to the technology industry including seven years of serving as a Lead Engineer in the US Navy, and investing his experience in others as an instructor at Sullivan University. Bob joined Integrity IT in 2010 and is currently Senior Security Engineer leading our technical team in Security Monitoring and Incident Response. His role at Integrity IT includes designing and building secure network infrastructures, remote access solutions, firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM). He performs vulnerability assessments and penetration testing as a part of risk assessment and remediation of security vulnerabilities.
Bob’s other certifications include:
- Cybrary Incident Response & Advanced Forensics certification
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Comptia Security+
- CCNA Security – Cisco Certified Network Associate with Security Specialization
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCDP – Cisco Certified Design Professional
- VCP (DC/NV) – VMware Certified Professional with specialization in Datacenter Virtualization and Network virtualization
About Global Information Assurance Certification
GIAC seeks to separate their certifications from others by going beyond theory to build true hands-on skills to tests on the pragmatics of security administration, management, audit, and software security.
GIAC in the News
- InfoSec Certification and the GIAC Program Webcast
- SANS GIAC: Real-World Expertise Security Professionals